Plesk Specific Configuration
The Plesk module requires OUTGOING port 8443 OPEN on the firewall of your AWBS Server.
The new Plesk module (Included in AWBS 2.7.4 and above) uses the Plesk Template System.
Plesk did not have this method working 100% until the 8.x series. 8.3 and above have proven to be
the most reliable when working with the template system. If you experience issues with the
new Plesk module, you will NEED to update your Plesk.
This document is written assuming you have the Client and Domain Templates setup in Plesk already. If you need assistance with this, please see the Plesk Documentation
Setup Server Group(s)
See Hosting Configuration page
Setup the Plesk Server(s)
Go to Server Setup and click Add New. Enter information asked for in the New Server Wizard. When you have completed adding all Plesk servers, go back to the server groups page and assign the correct default server. (Save the groups even if they show the correct default server)
Below are some details for your assistance:
- Server Name: Enter a server name for your reference in AWBS. Do not use spaces.
- Server Group: Assign the server to the correct server group.
- Server Type: Plesk
- Server IP: Enter the server's IP address
- Server URL: Enter the url to the server. Example: http://my.Pleskserver.com
- Server CP: Enter the url given to customers to login to their Plesk account control panel Example: http://my.Pleskserver.com:8443
- Server Cost: Enter your cost for this server. Used for reports only.
- Default NS1: Enter your Plesk nameserver 1 here
- Default NS2: Enter your Plesk nameserver 2 here
- Server User: Enter the Plesk username here. (Preferably Admin)
- Server Password: Enter your Plesk Password here.
- Update hosting list IP(s): Check if you are changing an existing Plesk server's IP address. This will update all existing hosting packages assigned to this server.
- Update hosting list Servers: Check if you are changing the server's servername. This will update all existing hosting packages assigned to this server.
- Delete Record: Only check this box if you are deleting this server. Caution: DO NOT delete a server that has plans and user packages assigned!
Configure your Hosting Package Types
- Configure types for hosting packages. Each type will display a web page for ordering.
- Use additional types to create multiple hosting order pages. Most people use the types to group their various hosting plan types, i.e. linux hosting type 1, windows hosting type 2.
- User Group: Should be Default unless you want this page only viewable by a different user group. (not the public)
- Server Group: Select the correct server group.
- Description: Enter what you want displayed as the title on the web page with this type of hosting
- Details1 Name - Details6 Name: Enter display text for the various specs for the plan type. This set of specs willl be used for all hosting plans in this type.
Hint: Once you have added and saved a Hosting Package Type, you can click to view/edit it again and see the correct link to use on your menu for this web page.
Configure your Hosting Plans
- Visible: Check if you want this plan to display on the web page.
- Default Plan: Check if this is the default plan for the type. Each type needs to have one default plan.
- Default Term: Enter the default term you want to display when your customers order. If you have other terms, they will get a selection to change it. Make sure the default term is a configured and available term for the plan.
- Upgrade Group: Set the upgrade group. All plans in this group number will show up as selections when the customer chooses to upgrade their plan. All plans in the same group should be in the same server group for the auto upgrade/downgrade to function properly.
- Package Name: Name the plan as you desire. Do not use any spaces.
- Package Type: Select the correct package type for this plan.
- Server Package: Enter the package name
- Package Desc: Enter the plan description as you wish it to appear on the web page for ordering.
- Reset BW on all existing user hosting: Check if you want to reset all bandwidth stats stored in AWBS database for all existing active accounts on this plan.
- Reseller Plan: Check if this is a reseller plan.
- Pricing: Enter prices for all terms you want to offer. Leave the fields blank if you don't want to offer them. Enter 0.00 if you want to offer them for free.
- Check the Free Domain checkbox if you want to offer a free domain name with this plan/term. (Select available tlds for free domains in the system setup, TLD Setup/Pricing page by checking the Free Option checkbox beside the tld)
- Assign the correct Activation Email Template. Be sure to either add a new email template or edit the existing Hosting Activation email template as desired to give your customers all necessary information they need when their account is activated.
- Complete the Package Display Text section with the plan's specs.
Configuring Hosting Package Specifics
Edit/View the package(s) created in Configure your Hosting Plans
At the bottom of each page you should see Package Specifics (Needed by some Server CP's)
The following details will need to be entered for your Plesk to setup plans correctly:
- Domain Template: Domain Template name from your Plesk Panel
- See Simplifying Setup of Domains and Web Sites from the Plesk Online Manual for more information on setting up Domain Templates
- Client Template: Client Template name from your Plesk Panel
- See Simplifying Setup of User Accounts from the Plesk Online Manual for more information on setting up Client Templates
User Levels Explained
Administrator level is needed to create Client and Domain Accounts. Currently the Reseller level is not supported with the Plesk module. This is being worked on for a future version. When using Administrator level, you must configure Client and Domain Templates. All users will be setup as Client accounts.
Reseller Level is currently not supported with AWBS. You can however use a Plesk Reseller Account to create yourself a Client level account to be used with AWBS. This is done in Plesk directly.
Client level is currently the 'Reseller' Level of AWBS. If you are using a Plesk client account in the server setup of your AWBS, be sure to check the Reseller Account box. Using this level you only need to enter Domain Templates to be used in the Hosting Package setups.
Domain level is the basic level hosting account. This is the account that most users need to put their websites online and offers all the tools for them to host it. Domain Level accounts cannot be used to setup other accounts.